Thursday, September 13, 2012

Recipe Time: Cheesy Baked Potato Soup

I love fall! I love to have a fire in our fireplace and the crispness in the air! But most of all, I love fall foods, specifically---- SOUP!

I am a soup junkie, so anticipate a few soup recipes from me every once in a while. I love a nice soup and salad for dinner in the winter (and then left overs for lunch the next day)! 

Today I made some wonderful soup in the crock pot for my family. 

CHEESY BAKED POTATO SOUP! 


Ingredients:
- 1 34 oz box of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can of low sodium cream of chicken soup (10.75 oz)
- 1 package of frozen hashbrowns (I used the Ore Ida brand)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery (If you are not a celery fan, you can always substitute with another 1/4 cup of chopped onion)
- pepper, sea salt, and garlic powder to taste (you know by now, I love my garlic)
- 8 oz cream cheese (do NOT use low fat or fat free, it makes the soup clumpy)- cut into blocks
- 6 oz Velveeta cheese- cut into blocks
- shredded cheese (I used the cheddar/jack blend)
- 8 slices of bacon fried and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion

Directions:
- Combine chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, onion, and celery into crock pot and whisk.
- Add package of frozen hashbrowns, pepper, sea salt, and garlic powder (to taste)
- Cook on low in slow cooker for 5 - 5 1/2 hours
- 30 minutes before serving, add blocks of cream cheese and Velveeta cheese to crock pot and stir

Serve hot bowl of soup topped with your favorite toppings! Cheese, bacon, and green onion!

 
Easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment