Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Confessions of an Addict

I admit it.  I am an addict.  I cannot stop.  It is so hard to admit an addiction to something, regardless of what it is, but my addiction? My addiction is serious... I wake up at four in the morning and I feel the need to surf and pin.


I am addicted to PINTEREST.



And I don't think it is in a healthy way.  See, this visual crack has turned me into a cooking-baking-musical singing monster... I see things that look good and I start singing,

"ANYTHING YOU CAN DO I CAN DO BETTER, I CAN DO ANYTHING BETTER---I CAN DO ANYTHING BETTER THAN YOU...."

As if I have started this pseudo-gang West Side Story-esque fight with a random stranger online who just shared with me (and the rest of the world) their prized recipe--- (now mind you this is ALL in my head).

It has even gotten to the point that I am pinning nail polish pictures and taking my iPhone with me into the nail salon to show the nail tech the picture so they can reproduce it on my nails. 

See, true story....

Pinterest (from the following site: http://pshiiit.com/tag/sparkling/page/6/)














My nails:


So, how do I curb this addiction? I don't think I can quit cold turkey... Maybe I shouldn't quit either because I am getting amazing ideas that really have been fun and creative and my family has loved the benefits of my addiction... but does it make it right?

Maybe I should just limit my use of the pinterest... but it just takes that one.. that one pin that gets me started.  The one piece of visual crack that leads me to hours spent on the computer looking at random stuff... visual crack.  Dreams of what I want to do to my kitchen, my yard, books I want to read, recipes that I want to try, and nail polish....

I think what I will do is this:  limit my visual crack usage to 30 minutes a day.  In the evening after the kids go to bed.  Yes, that is what I will try...

I am not sure if anyone else out there runs into the same thing.  Do any of you get stuck on websites like pinterest? I think pinning is so much fun, and I love to see what my friends pin.  It is so cool to see who has similar taste in shoes, clothes, kitchen remodels, and food.

So, that is my random thought for a Wednesday.... and YES, I did wake up at four this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I did surf pinterest.  I admit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment