Thursday, September 20, 2012

Carrying the Weight of the World

So, last night when I got to Bible study I was so distracted.  I had to rush through making dinner, I worked late (and worked while I made dinner), dealt with Maddy throwing her apple slices all over the floor, rushed to church to find out that the teens were at a different church last night, but someone would take Alex with them over to the other church....dropped off Maddy to her class, Kennith to his and I finally was able to sit down right before the study started to catch my breath.

I talked a minute with my friend and then the woman who opened up the study said,

"Where ever you are, you should EXPECT that God has something for you."


And I knew I was supposed to be there. Why? I don't go to Bible study traditionally on Wednesday nights.  I usually stay home.  But last night, I went because my friend was going and I wouldn't be alone... And I learned a very valuable lesson...

What made me ever think that I had to carry the weight of my world on my own shoulders? As a full time working mom, I have a few different full time jobs and it can get exhausting.  I work from home, so instead of taking a coffee break, I take a coffee break and throw in a load of laundry or start getting dinner ready and then I go back to work.  I worry about my kids, my husband, my mom, my friends, myself... finances- you name it, I worry about it.  I try to figure out a solution to everything and I internally stress.

But who said I was suppose to carry the weight of MY world on my OWN shoulders?

It wasn't Phillip or the kids, or my mom, or my boss, or even God for that matter... It was me.

I feel like I have to do everything and be everything to everyone.  I don't like to let people down, I don't want my kids to go without. I am the one who wants to make sure they have a hot meal on the table for dinner and we all eat at the table together every night.  I am the one who worries. I am the one who stresses and tries to find solutions to everything. I am the one who stresses me out.

Wait.

I am the one who stresses me out.


Yes, I said it.  I put the stress on myself. 

Revelation and my religion collide at this very moment.  I have an amazing God who will carry me through the rough times, I have a fantastic husband who is willing to help and is there for me... No where in the Bible does it say I had to carry myself through the rough times.  God is there to pick me up... matter of fact, when bad things happen we have to stand on the word of God.  He says what He means and He means what He says, can I get an AMEN?  And if HE says He will carry me through it, I best believe that He will.

I have to give up my burden and stress and get help carrying it.  People have let me down so bad in the past it is hard to give it up and have someone help me and carry the weight... but if I have faith, hope and trust I should be able to open my heart up and have help carrying the weight.

The weights of our world that are burdensome are NOT those of physical matter, they are emotional and mental.  Sharing our fears, dreams, and things that are weighing us down (emotionally and mentally) may help us expand our own understanding of the situation.

I am personally going through something that makes me worry constantly, but instead of worrying I am going to cast my faith out there and talk with my husband... stand on the word of God to see me through it. 

So, I am thinking of little things I can do to "de-stress"----
* Pray daily
* Open up to my husband and talk with him
* Hug others more often.  From last night, "You have to be rooted and grounded in love" nothing better than lots of hugs to make you feel loved (and show love to others)and know it!
* Quit seeking acceptance from others and accept myself for who I am
* Don't stop believing in myself (God never stops believing in us and He never gives up on us--- so why should I stop believing in myself?)
* Get rid of the negativity in my life
* Keep a schedule to stay on track
* Stand on faith
* Love without expectation of receiving it back
* Assign chores to the kids to help Phillip and I out around the house more

We can all make our own lists of de-stress-i-fi-cation tools.  (do you like that made up word? LOL)


You don't have to carry the weight of your world on your own either... How will you let go?


Grapic from:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EmOwFaFOLU8/S7kTnej7V3I/AAAAAAAABnw/PTb7RqgwHhA/s400/world-on-shoulders.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment