Ingredients for potatoes:
Bacon (three slices fried and crumbled)
Colby Jack cheese (1 cup grated)
Garlic powder (1/4 teaspoon)
Ranch powder (1 tablespoon)
Sea salt (to taste)
Grape seed oil infused with garlic (can also use olive oil--- 1 tablespoon)
Three potatoes (cleaned and sliced into 1/8 inch rounds)
Ingredients for ranch dipping sauce:
1/2 cup of sour cream
3 table spoons of ranch powder
Directions for dipping sauce:
1) combine sour cream and ranch powder, stirring until fully blended.
2) place in refrigerator to set while preparing the potatoes.
Directions for potatoes:
1) Preheat oven to 375.
2) Boil potatoes with a dash of salt in water for 5 minutes or until tender.
4) Lightly brush a layer of grape seed oil on the bottom of a cookie sheet.
5) Place potatoes on cookie sheet, slightly overlapping
6) Lightly brush remaining grape seed oil over the top of the potatoes.
7) Sprinkle garlic, salt, and ranch over the top of the potatoes
8) Place potatoes in oven for 8 minutes to cook and crisp up a bit
9) remove potatoes from oven and sprinkle with cheese, and bacon crumbles (you could add green onions too).
10) Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
11) Remove from oven and let sit for 3-5 minutes to cool.
12) Serve with ranch sour cream dipping sauce.
This ended up being one of the best sides we have ever created at the Wenndt house! The next time, I may try to cook the potatoes a bit longer to get them a bit crisper but they were gone in no time!