Saturday, August 25, 2012

Recipe Time: Souffle Potatoes

I have had a lot of fun this week taking some older recipes I found in a cookbook I acquired from my grandma.  This one is a definite remake at the Wenndt house.  Easy, cheesy, and carblicious. Who could ask for anything more?

Now, with my new found need to be a bit healthier, I did use reduced fat shredded cheese, skim milk and butter to make the potato base (I am a firm believer that real butter is much better for a person versus margarine, and if you don't agree... please feel free to use margarine and then let me know you did that so I can send you the article on HOW and WHY margarine was created. LOL)

 

Souffle Potatoes Ala Wenndt


Ingredients:

2 2/3 cups prepared instant potatoes (I used hungry jack)
1 can of French fried onions
1 egg beaten
garlic, sea salt, pepper to taste (if you haven't noticed by now, we always add some garlic and sea salt to just about any recipe)
1/2 cup of shredded cheese

Directions:

Blend together everything except for the cheese and put it into a baking dish (I used a bread loaf pan), and top with shredded cheese.  Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees (just until cheese is melted and bubbly on top)

The French fried onions provided a great flavor addition and texture to potatoes and they really were a hit!  This easy alternative to smashed potatoes will be used a lot at this house!




No comments:

Post a Comment