We served our chicken parmesan with homemade garlic bread and a Cesar salad.
3 chicken breasts pounded out and cut in half (we are believers in smaller portions versus larger portions)
Garlic, fresh ground sea salt, pepper rubbed into chicken breasts and marinated in the refrigerator for 1 hour (OR if you are in Iowa, you can buy the garlic seasoned chicken breasts from the meat counter at Hy-Vee, they work just as well)
¾ cup of Italian seasoned bread crumbs
¾ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
1 large egg
2 tablespoons grape seed oil (garlic infused is what I use from Wild Tree or you can use 2 tablespoons of olive oil)
1 jar of Galassi Sweet Tomato Basil sauce (http://www.galassifoods.com/ )--- honestly my favorite pasta sauce if I don't have time to make it from scratch. One of the bestest sauces and it goes with my new "shop" local philosophy. Galassi can be found at the Cedar Rapids Farmer's Market (this Saturday, folks) online at the website above or in your local Hy-Vee.
6 slices of mozzarella cheese
Angel hair pasta
¼ cup of butter
Garlic to taste
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2) Lightly spread ½ of sauce into the bottom of a baking dish
3) Whisk egg into a shallow bowl set aside
4) Combine Italian seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese into a shallow container
5) Place the grape seed oil into a large non-stick pan over and heat on medium
6) Coat each piece of chicken in egg, then dredge in bread crumb/parmesan coating
7) Place chicken in pan and brown on both sides, once browned place in pasta sauce lined pan
8) Add the remaining sauce to the top of chicken and place 1 slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each piece of chicken (I love my cheese, you could also keep this lighter and use shredded)
9) Bake for 30 minutes or until done
While chicken is cooking prepare pasta according to package. Toss pasta with butter and garlic to taste.
Serve with chicken and small sauce on top of warm pasta