Thursday, July 26, 2012

Transition Time for Maddy

Isn’t it crazy how fast our kids grow up? I look at Madelynn and I think that it was just a week ago she was born and yesterday where she and I were rocking in the chair watching bad daytime TV while I was on maternity leave… but it was three years ago.

I cannot believe that she is three already and so grown up.  For those of you who know our Maddy, you know she is spunky, silly, and she acts older than her three years.  She has a strong command of the English language.  My favorite saying of hers right now is, “Well actually…” When she is explaining something she starts off her sentences that way and she uses all kinds of hand gestures... lol---it makes me smile.
We did one of the hardest things a parent can do yesterday.  Yesterday we had to tell Kathy, Maddy’s day care provided, that in two weeks Maddy would be going to preschool.  (It was hard to tell her, but I think Kathy took it just fine.) This was such a hard decision for us, because Maddy is only three; however her birthday is in July.  She will start kindergarten a month after she turns five so we want to give her the best advantage in school as we possibly can.  Maddy will be going from an in-home day care with four children to an actual school where there will be 15 children in the same class. I am a nervous mommy and we haven’t even started school yet.
Blessings come in all forms.  Our blessing:  a pre-school opening was available at the school my husband teaches at. So Maddy gets to ride to school with Phillip and ride home with him.  He will be in the same building with her every day.  A true blessing to know he is just upstairs from her.
So, I am excited.  Our party dress with sneakers little girl starts school in August...*DEEP SIGH* Who has two thumbs is a bit misty and nervous? THIS GIRL... Anyway, we finish her enrollment in pre-school today, and I love the teachers there.  A new chapter in our precious Maddy’s life… I can’t wait to read the next chapter!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment