Sunday, March 11, 2012

Recipe Time - Breakfast Pizza!

We love breakfast pizza on the weekends!

Here is the recipe I use---

1 refrigerated pizza dough (or homemade dough if I am super prepared)
1/2 lb of turkey sausage (or bacon, we use turkey sausage a lot)
9 eggs
1/3 cup of skim milk
1/4 cup of light alfredo sauce or Ragu's double cheese sauce (I tend to mix them and it is as much as you want regarding the sauce)
garlic, salt and pepper to taste
cooking spray
Cheese - I use a LOT of cheese- motzarella and cheddar (this is to taste, just sprinkle on pizza covering)

Directions:
1) preheat oven to 425--- then, brown sausage in a skillit until fully cooked (breaking up into smaller chuncks), drain excess fat off of meat (I usually leave it in the strainer while I make the eggs)
2) combine 9 eggs, 1/3 cup of skim milk, garlic, salt, and pepper  --- whisk well
3) spray pan with cooking spray, and scramble eggs until done (I also make sure I break the eggs up into smaller bits so I can spread it over the pizza dough)-- when eggs are done, set aside
4) spray a pizza pan with cooking spray and place dough on pan (spread it out to get your crust evenly placed on the pan).
5) spread sauce on crust, add eggs, sausage, and cover with cheese
6) bake in oven for 15 minutes... if crust is not golden or cheese not fully melted, continue to bake for 5 extra minutes!

If you are a fan of Casey's breakfast pizza, this recipe comes pretty close too it! AND it is PACKED full of protein to start the day (now, it is maybe not the healthiest of recipes I have, but it sure is delicious!--- everything in moderation). 


No comments:

Post a Comment