Sunday, November 10, 2013

Recipe Time: Quinoa Veggie Noodle Goulash

HI there and happy November.  It has been so busy "up in here" that I have not had a lot of time to blog. 

Like, school starts... activities pick up with the kids, and there is NO me time. (BWAHHHAAA, as if there EVER is any me time for a parent.)

Where was I? Oh... Since we are trying to be more "health conscious" but we still love our pasta, I wanted to try something a bit different.

I made some Quinoa Veggie Noodle Goulash

I have to admit, I was freaked out at first bout the quinoa veggie noodles, as we have tried other gluten free alternatives and they basically... well they sucked.  So I was ready to eat tuna salad if this didn't turn out.

Ingredients:

1 8 oz box of Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta - veggie curls
1 lb of lean ground beef or turkey, cooked (crumbly)
1/2 lb of Italian sausage
1 - 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can of tomato sauce (I used the garlic/basil one)
1 small jar of pasta sauce
any veggies you want (I added mushrooms, onions and peppers)
salt, pepper, garlic to taste

Directions:

Brown hamburger and sausage, rinse off fat.
In a crock pot, add meat, diced tomatoes, tomatoes sauce, pasta sauce and veggies, simmer on low for 4 hours. 
In a pan on the stove, cook the pasta according to the recipe and add the pasta to the sauce mix at the end.  If you add the pasta too early it can become a bit smushy. (My technical word)

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment