Saturday, November 17, 2012

Recipe Time: Breakfast Croissant Roll

So, I have found a new love at the grocery store...and no, it is not the 16 year old who takes my cart out to my car, and loads my groceries into the trunk for free (LOVE FAIRWAY)... it is actually the Pillsbury Croissant Sheet. 

I have always been a lover of croissants...their flaky goodness, all buttery and sweet.  However, when I happened to see the croissant sheet I about fell over and had to buy a few to try.

So-- my latest "foodie" experiment...

Breakfast Croissant Roll





Ingredients:
1 Pillsbury Croissant Sheet
6 eggs
1/4 cup milk (or heavy whipping cream, YUMMO)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 slices of ham
4-6 slices of cheese (I used mozzarella and American)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375

Whisk eggs, milk, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.  Add mixture into a lightly buttered or sprayed pan (I used pam).  Scramble eggs.

While eggs are cooking spread out croissant sheet on counter.  Place the slices of cheese evenly over the top of the sheet, followed by the ham.  Once the eggs are scrambled, add scrambled eggs to the top, covering the ham.

Roll croissant (I did it lengthwise so it was longer, and not as thick) up and seal edges, I placed the open edge on the bottom of a greased baking sheet.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.  Let cool for 3-5 minutes and slice....


We really loved this! It was a perfect breakfast food... EGGY, CHEESY, and SWEET.  Gotta love the sweetness from the croissant!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment