So this recipe came to me in a dream. I honestly cruised Pinterest and recipes for way to long the other night before I went to bed. When I do that, I tend to dream about food and recipes. HA
6 chicken breast halves
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon "Jonesy'z Old Time Seasoning" (original-- sweet BBQ seasoning that is sold locally and can be found in Hy-Vee or the farmer's market)
2 tablespoons of bacon bacon (Tastefully Simple)-- if you don't have this seasoning, add some dried onion and bacon bits)
6 pieces of low sodium bacon cooked to taste (I like mine crispy)
6 slices of cheddar cheese
BBQ sauce (we usually make our own, but this time I used Kraft Honey BBQ sauce)
6 prepared buns from the grocery store (we used Ball Park brand)
1/3 cup of butter (melted)
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
Sea salt to taste
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1) Place chicken breast halves on a baking sheet or pan and rub in seasoning (garlic, pepper, Joney'z, and bacon-bacon). Place pan in refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate.
2) Melt butter with garlic powder, sea salt and parm cheese in microwave (30-45 seconds). Once melted, brush butter mix generously onto the inside of each bun-half. Place buttered buns and put on to the side, so that they can be grilled later.
3) Spray gril with cooking spray and heat up the grill (I used a medium heat). Once grill is warm, place chicken on grill. Cook on each side 5 minutes or until done.
4) Add buns to the grill (I put them on my top rack so they do not burn), and brown each side.
5) brush BBQ sauce on each chicken breast half once fully cooked. Add a slice of cheddar cheese and a slice of cooked bacon.
6) Once cheese is melted and buns are ready, assemble sandwich on grill (shut off grill heat) and let the sandwich melt together.