Monday, May 14, 2012

Do Things Happen for a Reason?

Hi there! My name is Melissa. It has been 14 crazy days since I last blogged.  I feel, well... I feel, out of sorts and strange! I mean, I usually blog every other day, or at LEAST every week.. but to go two whole weeks without even POSTING ONCE? That is just insane. (insane in membrane... insane in the brain... do you remember that song? Cypress Hill, YES?) As I digress... Where was I? OH... I remember...

Do you think things happen for a reason, or do they just happen?

Here is why I ask... Things have been crazy-awesome-busy-and rather amazing.  I am getting involved in a great business that I love (for now just part time) and I have a great team of folks I am working with. AND my real job has been uber busy.  Long story short, I was working from about 7:15 am central to about 11 pm central daily, because there were a lot of responsibilities we had to take care of every day. So, as my work gets busy, that is all I can think about. I mean, my husband and my kids talk to me, and I hear them, but do I listen? I have come to the realization I do not. not when I am overwhelmed with work.

So, thankfully I have an amazing family who will put up with me and this hectic schedule, but also... they will talk to me about it and bring up concern when necessary.  I love them so much, and it is hard to show them that I work this hard for them, when I work I am away from them... so how is it really FOR them? Know what I mean? But do you think things happen for a reason? I mean, we moved here, and I found a day care provider for Maddy right away.  We called her up, went and met her, and INSTANTLY I knew she would be great with Maddy. Maddy has grown up so much with Kathy (our day care provider). Kathy and her family are like our extended family.

Well, Maddy is leaving her terrible twos and entering into the temper tantrum threes like a champ!  She is very aggressive and stubborn to the max.  On Friday, Maddy tested Kathy. While they were driving, Maddy would take her arms out of her car seat. Kathy would have to stop, put her back in the car seat and tell her no.  Maddy did this about 4 times.  When I picked up Maddy from Kathy's... Kathy said, "Melissa, Maddy kept taking her arms out of her car seat, and it is not safe. I cannot have her do this. If she does it again, she can no longer come here." I understand Kathy's position, but I am personally crushed... because we love our Kathy. Anyway, I talked to Maddy about how important the seat belt is (I hate to admit she has been doing this as of late, and it is horrible to always pull over).  I talked to her about how we always have to buckle up for safety.

After daycare, Kennith, Maddy and I did our errands.  We went to the post office, and to the grocery store. I usually go to two different stores... one for the bulk items and one for meat, etc.  So, I was driving on a very busy road going to the last store (I had a craving for sushi, and they make it fresh there...) As we were driving... my car made an odd sound. Then I was by my house, so I pulled off the busy street and onto O Ave. Called Phillip... he said to try and make it home. And a block away, my tire completely FELL OFF my car. The tire rod rusted and the tire completely fell off.  Brought my car to an immediate stop, and we all were pushed forward and back by the force. All I can think, is what the heck happened? Maddy and Kennith were safe. She kept her seat belt on. I went out to look at the car.

If this day had gone differently... if she didn't talk to Kathy about the seat belt... if I would have ignored the sound and drove to the other store... things could have been much worse...

So, things happen. For a reason? I don't know. I cannot determine that. I do however believe in GOD and that he was with us the whole day. And His mercy happens for a reason. His love happens for a reason. He watches of us... for a reason. Maybe I don't why He does what he does, but man... I am sure glad he does!
Happy Monday!

My car:

No comments:

Post a Comment