Monday, July 28, 2014

NewBo Farmer's Market Pasta Salad

Oh my goodness, it surely has been a long time since I have blogged.  Lately, it has been crazy around here and I haven't had the time TO blog!


So, I wanted to just start off with a recipe blog.  Saturday night, I combined all of my lovely veggies from the farmer's market and decided to make a pasta salad for Sunday's lunch.  IT was so delicious, I had to just jot down my notes here!


NewBo Farmer's Market Pasta Salad

Ingredients

1/2 lb cooked chicken breast (shredded)
1 small cucumber. diced
1 small green pepper, diced
1 lb small tomatoes, large diced pieces
1 banana pepper, sliced
1 small red onion, diced
1/4 lb of cheddar cheese, cubed
1 can of large, pitted black olives drained
1 cup of balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
1/2 lb dried lemon mint penne pasta



Directions

1) boil pasta according to directions on package (I purchased my pasta from Pappardelle's in Cedar Rapids at NewBo market their website:  http://www.pappardellespasta.com)
2) drain pasta and rinse with cool water, set aside
3) dice all veggies, cheese, and combine with noodles, black olives, and shredded chicken in a large past bowl. mix it all together and coat with balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing.  Serve!~


No comments:

Post a Comment