Sunday, September 1, 2013

Recipe Time: HOT PIZZA DIP! --- Can we say HELLO, YUMMY???

For those of you who have to "PUT UP" with my crazy experimental cooking, I thank you.

I made this yesterday for a get together at Steve's mama's house.  It was fantastic and I would eat it again and again and again... matter of fact, I am making this again for a shin-dig tomorrow!


HOT PIZZA DIP


Ingredients:

2- 8 oz bricks of cream cheese softened
1 1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/2 package of pepperoni diced
1 teaspoon oregano (plus a pinch)
1 teaspoon garlic powder (plus a pinch)
2 cups shredded provolone and mozzarella blend
Crackers or tortilla chips

Directions:

1) Mix cream cheese with 1 teaspoon of oregano and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
2) Spread cream cheese mixture on the bottom of a 9 inch pie pan.
3) Spread pizza sauce over top of cream cheese.
4) Add diced pepperoni to top of sauce (here is where you could also add any of your other favorite pizza toppings--- like black olives, sausage, pepper, onion... OYE YEY!, I thin tomorrow I will make Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza dip! WHAT??)
5) Top with shredded cheese, and sprinkle oregano and garlic on top
6) Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (until cheese is bubbling on top) OR you can microwave it in a microwave safe dish for 4-6 minutes.

Serve hot with crackers, tortilla chips... maybe even some crusty bread! YEAH!

Now I am getting ready to head to the store for more cream cheese... I think I want (ERR NEED) to make this dip Hawaiian style!

Happy Labor Day!


1 comment: